Peeing German Cop Sculpture Makes the Police Awfully... Pissed
The German police have their panties in a bunch over a highly inflammatory sculpture of a urinating policewoman by artist Marcel Walldorf. Entitled "Petra", the hyperrealistic figure depicts a female officer crouched, peeing with buttocks exposed. The most chilling detail is her riot baton casually propped on the wall next to her.
Awarded the 1,000-euro prize by the prestigious Leinemann Foundation for fine arts, the piece has created quite the controversy:
"[The foundation's jury stated], 'It shows very well the difference between the public sphere and the private sphere.'
But Saxony interior minister Markus Ulbig, who is responsible for the state's security services, told the German press he was shocked by the sculpture, which he branded an insult to police officers.
The GdP police union also blasted the piece, saying 'it breached the limits of artistic freedom.'"
- How to Sculpt a human head with Philippe Faraut
- How to Use sculpture tools
- How to Make a lizard wire sculpture
- How to Make a clay trout sculpture
- How to Make a cat sculpture
- How to Create a realistic seascape display with Encapso K
- How to Make a mold of a sculpture
- How to Appreciate sculpture
- How to Make mini churro charms out of polymer clay
- How to Make a tape sculpture
- How to Make a polymer clay chocolate frosted doughnut
- How to Sculpt a copper wire scorpion
- How to Make a wooden red robot sculpture
- How to Produce large scale carnival sculptures
- How to Create and cast bronze sculptures
- How to Make a horse head sculpture
- How to Make a sculpture of human hands
- How to Make a polymer clay colored pencils & artist pallete
- How to Make portrait cameos out of polymer clay
- How to Make a polymer clay pig