Public health experts have been pounding society on the head for years and years now: Cigarettes are bad for you. Nothing good comes of smoking. With that in mind, why not let a machine take the cancer-bullet?
Via Design Boom:
"The Smoking Machine features a small device made from brass that most prominently features a ramp of cigarettes. Each cigarette is gravity fed onto a holder, where it is lit and slowly smoked by an air valve that is electrically driven. As the gears turn, the cigarette slowly disappears until only the filter is left. the machine then ejects the cigarette and ashes onto the floor below, loading the next one into the holder."
Ok, so you're missing out on the pleasure of nicotine. Your deep cigarette cravings are not really solved. But whatever the concept of the piece may be (humor? habits? the conversion of daily tasks to the "mechanical"?), Norweigan artist Kristoffer Myskja has created a truly curious machine.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades